Sunday, November 25, 2007

Discernment

I was reading about discernment today and a quote from Oswald Chambers really stood out to me and I wanted to include it as my blog post for today.  Oswald had this to say about your God given gift of discernment: 

"When we discern that other people are not growing spiritually and allow that discernment to turn to criticism, we block our fellowship with God.  God never gives us discernment so that we my criticize, but that we may intercede."

Have you ever used your gift of discernment to criticize someone like this.  I have done it. I have even shared that criticism with other people, not knowing the consequences to my relationship with God.  I have now "upgraded" my knowledge about the gift of discernment God has entrusted to me.  I hope you will do the same my friends.

May your fellowship with God remain strong and unbroken.
Keep pressing into God's Word and "know-Him-better-man." (Muppets Christmas Carol)

Peter


No comments: